Lectures offered by Dr. David Shoemaker
- Biography: Dr. David Shoemaker is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Sacramento, California, and has been a member of O.T.O. since 1993. David is the Past-Master of 418 Lodge in Sacramento, having succeeded Soror Meral, his friend and teacher. He also serves as the M.W.S. of Alpha Chapter, and as a Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the Order. David was the founding President of the O.T.O. Psychology Guild, and a frequent speaker at NOTOCON. He is also member of the Planning, Initiation Training, and EGC Clergy Training committees, and he serves as a Certified Initiator Trainer. His areas of interest include Qabalistic Psychology, ritual design, Raja Yoga, and systems of initiation (including Golden Dawn-style rites and the A.’.A.’.). A Bishop of EGC, David led the team that developed the Pastoral Counseling Workshops. He was a co-editor of the journals Cheth (418 Lodge) and Neshamah (Psychology Guild). His Living Thelema podcasts have been regularly presented since 2010, and the popular book of the same name was released in late 2013.. In addition to his work in magick and psychology, David is a composer and musician. David can be reached through his website at http://www.livingthelema.com
- State: CA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parsifal: The Grail King, The Gnostic Mass, and the Path of Initiation
- The Art of Mystery: Alchemy for the 21st Century
- Jungian Perspectives on the Initiatory Path
- Travel Availability/Needs: Willing to travel; would need travel and accommodations costs covered by hosting Body
- More information:
Parsifal: The Grail King, The Gnostic Mass, and the Path of Initiation
Synopsis: In this entertaining presentation, Dr. David Shoemaker discusses the legend of Parsifal, the Grail King, and explains its connections with the Gnostic Mass, the formula of Tetragrammaton, and the personal initiatory path of every aspirant to the Great Work. The discussion is enhanced by scenes from Wagner’s opera,Parsifal, and related audio-visual material. 2-4 hours, flexible. The Art of Mystery: Alchemy for the 21st Century Synopsis: What do black holes, DNA, and the particle/wave controversy have in common? In this entertaining presentation, Dr. David Shoemaker demonstrates how the frontiers of modern science are modern humanity’s true alchemical art. Examining fields such as astronomy, physics and biology, Dr. Shoemaker explores the inner nature of alchemy, revealing it to be the projection of Mystery onto all frontiers of knowledge, rather than a rigid and antiquated set of terms and practices. If you enjoy overturning your conceptions of reality, this presentation is for you! 2-4 hours, flexible.
Jungian Perspectives on the Initiatory Path
Synopsis: An introductory lecture exploring Jungian/transpersonal psychology as it relates to Qabalistic Psychology and the initiatory path (particularly from the perspective of the A.’.A.’.). 2-4 hours, flexible.