Lectures offered by Christeos Pir
[ back to the Speaker’s list ]
- Biography: Fr. Christeos Pir (T אריה) has been a member of O.T.O. since 04/04/93, and is Past Master of William Blake Oasis (now William Blake Lodge), past Secretary and Deputy Master of Scarlet Woman Lodge in Austin TX, and past Most Wise Sovereign of Baphomet Chapter Rose Croix. He is now a Bishop of EGC and a Sovereign Grand Inspector General. He recently completed his M.A. with a thesis on religion and the supernatural in contemporary Japanese popular culture and is currently teaching History of Globalization at a private university. He has been studying and writing about the magickal system of Dr. John Dee and Sir Edward Kelley for more than 20 years, and is the author of “An Essay on Enochian Pronunciation,” “The Watchtowers of the World,” “Traversing the Aethyrs,” “Enchanting Modernity,” “Mircea, Mircea Me: An Examination of Eliade’s Theories on the Sacred, as Expressed in the Doctrine and Ritual of the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica,” and other essays, and has been threatening for some time to complete a book tentatively titled Enochian 101. He has led seminars and experimental study groups in various subjects at a number of O.T.O. bodies, at NOTOCON, at Ecumenicon/Sacred Space (a national pagan-oriented ecumenical conference), and at several Texas OTO Conventions (TOTOCONs). He is moderator of the Enochian e-group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/enochian, and web manager for the Japan Anthropology Workshop and Hagiography Society academic organizations.
- Body: Scarlet Woman Lodge
- State: TX
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Watchtowers of the World: A Comprehensive Introduction to Enochian MagickA Brief History of Enochian Magick
- Issues in Enochian Magick
- Enochian Magick Beyond the Basics
- Crafting Enochian Ritual: Exploring Ritual Structures in the Magical Work of John Dee and Edward Kelley
- A Problem of Authorship: Dr. John Dee, Sir Edward Kelley, and the “Angelic Conversations”
Amduat: The Night Journey of the Egyptian Sun God
Gods, Shapeshifters, and Demons: An Introduction to the Japanese Supernatural Landscape
Courtesanship and the Magical Arts: A Study in Contrast of Erotic Magical Practices
Enchanting Modernity: Religion and the Supernatural in Contemporary Japanese Popular Culture
Pt. 1: Domination and Diminution: The Shrinking of the Shamaness into the Anime Shrine Girl
Pt. 2: Demonizing Other Deities: Essentializing ‘Japaneseness’ in Contemporary Popular Culture
Pt. 3: The Storehouse of the Spirit: How Popular Culture Conserves Religious Knowledge
- Ernst Schertel, Hitler’s Magician
Orishas on the Tree of Life: An Exploration of Creolization Between Afro-Diasporic Religions and Twentieth Century Western Occultism
Ritual Theory: What is a ritual, what are they meant to do, and how do we constructing effective ones?
- Travel Availability/Needs: Willing and able to travel to speaking engagements if travel & accommodations expenses are covered by the host; willing to stay with Order brothers and sisters.
- More information: Synopses of lectures available upon request.
[ back to the Speaker’s list ]